Written on behalf of Buckley Girls Gymnastics Club Board of Directors and Fundraising Committee
As you know from our announcement in March, we reached our target of £25,000. This was an amazing achievement and we thank you all again for making this possible. This enabled us to start looking for our own facility.
Since then a huge amount of work has been undertaken including:
- Searching for and viewing possible locations to site our new Gym
- Sourcing Legal advisors, Chartered Surveyors, Solicitors and Accountants
- Conversing with Planning Officers, Flintshire County Council, Landlords and their Agents
As you might imagine, this has taken a few of us some time to coordinate and complete. We are, like you, busy parents with jobs, other commitments and other children who have their own interests.
The money raised has been allocated to cover costs for the above and for anything related to secure the ideal property which may then need alterations, restorative work and decoration in order to make it fit for purpose.
As soon as we have any concrete information, we will hold a parents evening to update you all and to answer any of your questions. We are still aiming to move into our new gym some time in 2017 BUT in order to do this we need to start fundraising for the equipment to furnish it!
We will aim to achieve this by:
- Welsh Gymnastics grant – this has been applied for and we are awaiting confirmation
- Other grants that may be available to suit our timescale, one of which has already been applied for
- Future fundraising events – where we will be relying on your continued support and for those of you who are new to the club, where you can use these events to get to know other parents and coaches
- Local businesses / community funds – many local companies have these funds and our experience tells us that approaches by parents are far more effective than the fundraising team cold calling. There are ample opportunities for these companies to sponsor a piece of equipment or match-fund a fundraising event
Please get your thinking caps on as over the next weeks we will be directly approaching parents to try and gather local contacts to make the most of funding opportunities available.
We have achieved so much in such a short space of time – let’s ensure that with this final push that we can get the gym that our children deserve.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
You can contact the club in many ways; via the Contact us section on the website, club coaches, the fundraising team or board members.