Buckley Girls Gymnastic Club is a member of British and Welsh Gymnastics Associations.
Club Affiliation Number: 40927
The Club abides by the British Gymnastics Health, Safety and Welfare Policy for Coaches and Clubs.
The Club recognises it has a duty of care towards its members and is committed to providing the appropriate support and guidance to its members to ensure these matters are addressed.
The Club believes it is important that all members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Members are encouraged to be open at all times and share concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the club Welfare Officer.
Our coaches undergo their training through the British Gymnastics UKCC scheme and hold valid coaching licenses, Child Protection Certificates and valid DBS certificates (formerly CRB) which are renewed as recommended by British Gymnastics.
Our guidance to coaches and volunteers
- Consider the well‐being and safety of participants before the development of performance
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers based on mutual trust and respect
- Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part and ensure all participants are suitably prepared physically and mentally when learning new skills
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance, dressing suitably and not using inappropriate language at any time whilst involved with club activities
- Never consume alcohol immediately before or during training or events
- Obtain prior agreement from the parent/guardian of performers before transporting them anywhere (training/competitions)
- Never have performers stay overnight at your home
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward
- Always report any incidents, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines set out in the British Gymnastics Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy
- Never condone rule violations or use of prohibited substances
- Make sure that confidential information is not divulged unless there is a necessity to do so for the safety of the individual
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play)
- Encourage performers to value their performances and not just result
- Do not make any commitments on the club’s behalf without prior discussion and agreement with the Director of Coaching
- Avoid using mobile phones in the gymnasium