Chief fundraiser and coach Becca Bailey reflects on the club’s fundraising efforts over the last year – and announces an amazing new gym appeal total of £16,324.37
We started the year with just over £1,500 in the fundraising pot with my secret aim to raise £15,000 by this Christmas. I’m really happy to say that we have smashed that and the fundraising total currently stands at over £16,324.37.
It’s been a busy year with lots of support from the fundraising committee hard core as well as some more recent recruits (you know who you all are – thank you). We have run lots of big events through the year:
- Sponsored Tumble
- Summer Fayre
- Bob a Job (well done gymnasts)
- Smartie Tubes (amazing creativity)
- Invitational competition (Go Buckley)
- 2016 Calendar (Thank you photographer Neal McVeigh and all the sponsors)
- Garage Sale (a big thank you to the Bennions, our long-time supporters)
- The garage sale was particularly important as it was matched by MoneySuperMarket and doubled our income
We have also run smaller events such as cake sales, rummage sales and parties which have all helped and, of course, not forgetting Easy Fundraising which has been ticking along in the background all year.
A massive thank you to everyone who has contributed this year.
We really need to push forwards into the New Year so that we can reach our £25,000 goal.
And we can also look forward and finding a permanent new home for our amazing club.